FNHA has announced the launch of an Indigenous-centered program for First Nations, Metis, and Inuit students.
This value-added Program will provide Indigenous students with work experience, the opportunity to develop professional skills, and exposure to First Nations Health Care across the province. Our goal is to match student’s education, skills and career goals with FNHA’s various needs.
Some highlights of what students will gain:
- Meaningful work experience to pursue a future career at FNHA or healthcare
- Knowledge of different aspects of First Nations Health Care programs and services
- In-person student orientation incorporating cultural experiences with an Elder
- Direct support through their assignments and regular check-in’s
- Peer support network
- End of term cultural ceremony and social
- Exit interview and career coaching support