The Tsartlip First Nation is pleased to invite applicants to apply to the permanent, full- time Community Health Nurse position in the Health & Social Department.
The Community Health Nurse is a part of a multi-disciplinary team providing a comprehensive range of nursing functions and services in the Tsartlip First Nation community in the areas of health promotion, disease prevention, education, and assessment. The Nurse works within the context of a culturally safe, holistic, client-centered focus.
This position is covered under the collective agreement between the Tsartlip First Nation and the BCNU.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from a recognized University;
- Current registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant
- Minimum 1 year of recent experience in Public Health/Home Care Nursing;
- Experience working within a First Nations community an asset;
- Valid First Aid and CPR Level C certificates required;
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license and reliable vehicle plus a clean driver’s abstract is required;
- Clean criminal record check with Vulnerable Sector required.
Preference may be given to those having knowledge of the W̱SÁNEĆ culture and traditions